Traditional Braces for All
Braces and orthodontic treatment are used to correct “bad bites,” or malocclusion (teeth that are crowded or crooked). In some cases your teeth may be straight, but your upper and lower jaws may not meet properly. These jaw or tooth alignment problems may be inherited or could result from injury, early or late tooth loss, or thumbsucking.
Call us NOW for a free Orthodontics consultation – 281-206-4444
If you have an abnormal bite your dentist may recommend braces or another orthodontic treatment to straighten out your smile. Correcting the problem can create a nice-looking smile, but more importantly, orthodontic treatment results in a healthier mouth.
Not correcting an abnormal bite could result in further oral health problems, including:
- tooth decay
- gum disease
- tooth loss
- affected speech and/or chewing
- abnormal wear to tooth enamel
- jaw problems
- Straightening your teeth can be accomplished in different ways. The kind of orthodontic treatment you have will depend on your preference and the options provided by our experts in Designer Smiles Dentistry.
Types of teeth and bite conditions that may be cause for early interceptive treatment include:
- Open bites
- Deep bites
- Cross bites
- Teeth not emerging in the right sequence
- Missing teeth
- Congenitally missing teeth
- Ankylosed teeth: a condition where the tooth stops erupting and stays in the same place, causing the permanent tooth to be displaced upon emergence